Cardstock (reddish brown works best to achieve the look of leather)
Embossing machine (Cuttlebug or similar)
Dye inkpad (in a compatible color but darker than the cardstock)
Decoupage medium (such as Mod Poge)
1. Soak cardstock in warm water until pliable.
2. Carefully crumple soaked cardstock/uncrumple and lay it on a hard surface patting it with your hand to make it flat.
3. Place the damp cardstock inside an embossing case and run it through your embossing machine.
4. Remove it from the case and allow it to air dry or use a heat tool to thoroughly dry it.
5. Rub the surface of the dried cardstock directly from the pad with a dye inkpad.
6. Use a heat tool to set the ink.
7. Brush the surface with a thin layer of decoupage medium. Allow it to dry before using.