Monday, October 14, 2013

Hand painted Autum card

 
 

Here's one of my favorite techniques is making hand painted backgrounds for cards. I call it NPSR technique, that's "no painting skills required". Here I used three fall colors, a one inch bristle brush, a tile scrubbing brush, Inka Gold and a Copper Pearl Pen both from Viva Decor. As you can see from the first picture I made a bunch of pages for my class this coming Saturday at Scrap 'n Yap in Monrovia. I just painted each brown piece of 8 1/2" x 11" card stock with yellow orange and gold using broad brush strokes. One of the best things about Inka Gold in addition to it's beauty when rubbed directly onto paper is that it's water soluble and can easily be used as a gorgeous transparent water color paint. I splatted copper paint on to each sheet at the end using the tile scrubbing brush. After the card stock is dry you can cut it up or punch out shapes and use it for card making or scrapbooking. I like to make lots of different color combinations so I have a ready supply of background papers. Enjoy!

Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Hetty said...

Great card, Mike. Enjoy fall.

Cavestamper said...

Wonderful Michael! What a great idea to use the InkaGolds this way. I will give it a try too. Thanks for sharing.
Groetjes, Leonie

Capescrapper said...

So beautiful Michael! Love that background, it is my favorite art medium technique!

Jan Castle said...

WOW! What great backgrounds - they certainly made up into lovely projects Mike!!!
Paper Hugs,
Jan

Beansieleigh said...

Looks like fun! Love it! ~tina

Shelly Schmidt said...

Beautiful background- love the card you created too- love the metallic- bet the shimmer is fab IRL!!! Love the inspiration!

Miranda said...

what e great technique. thanks for sharing this with us

Rosie Guiher said...

Beautifully done. You make it look so easy!