Thursday, May 13, 2010

Spring Cleaning

Carla and I have lived in our house since 1984. Over the years, we have accumulated a lot of stuff. Every now and then I get the brilliant idea that I want to get rid of everything and start fresh. Yesterday and today I did just that...sort of. I'm talking about cleaning out the garage. Alas, we here in San Diego do not have basements. That means things end up in the garage including 12 years worth of card project kits in (neatly?) labeled document boxes, many many heavy document boxes. When time came to load them into the truck to take them to the landfill, I just couldn't do it, too many happy memories of all the fun we had in all those classes. So, they now reside in a rented storage unit along with assorted baby furniture, other furniture and stuff the kids never took with them when they moved out! Until I can think of what to do with them all, that is where they will live. Now the garage is neat and tidy. It looks so empty though.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Another "artist" puts all her old samples and stuff on ebay and sells them in a "block" of stuff. I'm sure there are tons of people out there that would love own what you no longer need. And, think of all the cool new art stuff you could get with the money. Just make the announcement on your blog when you put things up or auction. If you don't want the money for yourself you can always donate all the proceeds to a charity. Good luck!!

Katina
kjkoukla(at) hotmail (dot) com