Friday, August 14, 2009

In the Craftsman style

 
I'm doing a card making workshop at a few places this month based on the American Craftsman style which grew out of the international Arts & Crafts movement of the late 19th and early 20th century. The movement was a reaction to the Industrial Revolution and the ornate late Victorian style. It's proponents believed that handcrafted was superior to machine made. The style was popular and influenced architecture,interior design and the decorative arts. I love its elegant simplicity. I've tried to give these cards some of those qualities. Come by Stampin' From The Heart in Los Angeles (karen-stampinheart.blogspot.com), JaziCrafts in Oceanside (www.jazicrafts.com) or Memories Live On in San Jose (memoriesliveon.com)and say hi!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Pat said...

What beautiful cards! I've loved your work and your stamps since I faithfully watched The Carol Duvall Show. Thanks for the beautiful work, Pat

NancyS said...

Your cards are GORGEOUS, Michael. You really captured the American Craftsman/Arts & Crafts style. Love the elegant simplicity. TFS...you're The Bomb!

Daria said...

Michael, these are so beautiful. I love this style.

Daria said...

OK, I'm signed up. What do I need to bring with me? The lady at Memories Live On said you usually ask for scissors and adhesive. Anything else?

I'm very excited.

Michael said...

OK Daria, very cool! looking forward to meeting you at the end of the month.