Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Star of Wonder Star of Light

Thanks for hopping by to see my holiday tag! My inspiration was the the Christmas carol "We Three Kings", one of my favorites. It's a simple tag with the focus squarely on the star. I painted the wispy streaks in the black sky with white acrylic paint using a dry brush technique. I stamped my small cloisonne star twice on silver cardstock using silver embossing powder. I cut the stars out and glued them together before adding them to the tag. The text was printed on my computer. I added the S from my alphabet set to complete the title. A sprinkling of lesser stars using a silver pearl pen and some silver gray ribbon completes the composition. Now hop on over to Joanna's blog to see her beautiful tag! http://www.craftyjo.org.uk/
Posted by Picasa

21 comments:

Hetty said...

Hi Mike,

Awsome tag for the Blog Hop! Like how you made the star.

CraftyJo said...

Very nice Mike, 'simply' beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic Mike!

Judy McKay said...

Love it!!

Katje said...

Lovely! I like the effect of multiple stars to create the idea of movement in your shooting star.

Anonymous said...

Truly a Star of Wonder---Ful !!
mary l.

Unknown said...

Love this Star of Wonder - this was a really fun hop and I'm glad to be a part of it :)

Else49 said...

Beautiful tag Mike.

1922 Designs by bev allaire said...

love it michael. simply elegant!
beva

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wonderful CAS tag- simple but meaningful!

Anonymous said...

This one of my favorite songs too and I love this star! it looks like you used gold too radiating from the star? I'll have to try this! Diana Craig

Judy Inukai said...

Gorgeous tag. I like how you used the dry brush technique. We Three Kings is one of my favorite carols, too.

Mary Anne said...

Hi Mike,

I really like your tag. So, simple, yet so elegant. Thank you for sharing.

Mary Anne

Heidi said...

Ooooh -- it looks like a shooting star!

ModernaDesignsArt said...

Mike, fantastic tag, so bright and shiny yet very masculine!
I'm glad we're having this Blog Hop - cool ideas and lots of creative minds.
Dorly Weitzen, Israel

Michelle W said...

A great card! So many cool ideas from everyone! Glad I joined in.

Jill P said...

very pretty

Laura said...

Mike, your use of acrylic paint in the tag makes me want to try something like this! Thanks so much for sharing how you made your tag! I have just finished visiting all the blogs in the blog hop! They are all wonderful! Cheers, Laura H.

Rosie Guiher said...

Beautifully done Mike!!! thanks for sharing!!

Jan Castle said...

Hi Mike...as usual, beautifully done!!!
Am looking forward to meeting you in person at CHA (my first time)!
Paper Hugs,
Jan Castle

Kathie McGuire said...

Great tag, Mike. Makes me feel like wishing on a star!! Great idea for the star and the overall composition is so original. Bravo!